Monday, September 14, 2009

Pumpkin Man 2009 in Foto Format!


Milling around Spring Hill pond as the fog lifts
Finally, the sun breaks through


What better way to carbo load than with a Shipyard Pumpkin Ale?

My personal bike mechanic-nephew giving my bike a once over


The Elite Cockpit, ready to go



Me in the 40+ (old women?) and mixed relay wave #3. No pink caps for us?? Bummer!


Me among the weeds. Here's how I was thinking: Try to get a wicked good head start on the swim and try and hold 'em off on the bike 'cause u's gonna get eaten alive on that run. Kudos to me in my accurate prediction!

Kat and Jeff Donatello, Mr and Mrs Pumpkin Man
See the look on my face? It's PLEASANT here compared to each accumulated mile. Hee Hee!

Mz Mary Eggers-I CLEANED UP AT PUMPKIN MAN winning a wetsuit for the fastest swim time and first amateur overall and thrilled-to-be-done-me
My sister Paula with the winners flowers donated by her business, Twig and Fern Designs
What could be better than an Adirondack chair at the finish area complimented with a bag of ice to cool off your (?????) modeled here by speedy Rob- Slayerhatebreed- Straz. I guess you deserve that for getting first in your age group.

5 comments:

Mel said...

WOW..you are running and still looking pretty damn good:)....well it sounds like you had FUN.....glad to see you back at it:)xoxox

kerrie said...

yay - you did it!! i love the pictures...i have to remember to do that someday. and i'm glad your wore the pink suit - it looks HAWT.
so, now what? huh? and who is that with the bag of ice on his junk?

Trigirlpink said...

How rude of me. I fixed that Kerrie. Next up Lobsta Man in Freeport Maine!

Jennifer Harrison said...

LOVE the pics and the flowers your sis made are LOVELY!!!! I love your pink bike still and it needs to be with my old pink bike. Glad you got to meet Mary too! What a great weekend, nice work!

GetBackJoJo said...

Congrats on this and Lobstah!
I must say you have absolutely the coolest bike, bike accouterments, and the coolest Splish suits... You look strong in that run pic!