Thursday, December 10, 2009
Swimmers Take your Mark!
Tomorrow starts the 2009 New England LMSC Short Course Meters Championship at Boston University. Friday night is exclusively the 800 meter free and it's the only event I've signed up for. There are 89 women signed up just for the 800 this year. We're talkin' meters here not yards so I will have to adjust my brain matter if and when I sneak a peek at the pace clock tomorrow night.
Wanna see the BU pool?
Here's MIT where I swim. I think we have BU beat. We have ANOTHER 25 yard teaching pool ( 3 degrees warmer) right next to this 50 meter pool. You can just make it out over to the far RIGHT in this picture. AND we have towel service! SPOILED!! :-)
Our pool is usually set up for 25 yards and a few weeks in January and the entire summer, the pool is set up for long course. I much prefer that. LESS FLIP TURNING, which I'm not so great at. Anyway, back to the meet...
Here's what I'm hoping for in no particular order:
1. The water at BU is not too warm.
2. I get there on time to get in a solid warm up.
3. BIG ONE HERE: I don't false start on the blocks.
4. My goggles don't end up around my chest after diving in.
5. My legs won't cramp after being sausaged in my speed suit.
6. I don't go out so fast that I crack at the 500 with a potentially
PAINFUL 300 still to go.
WISH ME LUCK!!!
Posted by Trigirlpink at Thursday, December 10, 2009