Thursday, May 13, 2010

SHAVE AND SAVE THAT FUR!!!

Check this out!!! These are called Hair Booms. It's a safe, non-toxic, and effective way to help in the Gulf Spill clean up. Donors from every state in the US, from Canada and beyond are sending in hair, fur and wool clippings as well as nylons and funding for the outer mesh. This fibers and tubing are used to make Booms that can protect beaches and coastal waters.

 Hair and Fur is more effective than petroleum fiber based boom materials.
Lines of boom are for beaches, stacks of boom are for between metal wire mesh and rocky barriers and The Army Corps of Engineers is engineering large floating "lobster cages" in which to use these boom at the "Living Edge" of the Gulf Spill.


How can you help?
                                   Be HAIRY like Parker here....
                                              and donate your fur!



http://www.excessaccess.com

7 comments:

Jennifer Harrison said...

Great idea!!! I will shave my Koi fish. Kidding...but i will pass this onto my lovely neighbors who have 1,000 dogs - so they are aware how to help! :)

PS once in awhile I forget your dog's name is Parker. CRACK me up...that is my maiden name and Graham's middle name...

Trigirlpink said...

Parker belongs to my sister!

Melissa said...

At first I thought 'gross' until I read the whole post. I'd shave our dog, but she's a Weimearaner and wouldn't have enough fur to stop two drops of oil. But I will let me sister know, she has a very furry Parker named Cody who gets shaved down frequently.

Trigirlpink said...

Melissa, I bet someone in her area is actually collecting fur. Maybe a groomer since they do so so much of it. :-)

Michelle Simmons said...

Oh I'd LOVE to shave our dog. It's a win win if it helps clean up the oil AND I won't have to vacuum every day for a while. ;)

Jamie said...

Does leg hair count? It is almost that time of year for me...

kerrie said...

gee, i wonder how they make the petroleum based fiber matts they have been trying to use?(rather unsuccessfully, i might add...) i'm so glad they got over the 'gross factor' of using real hair. thanks for posting the link!