Sunday, November 30, 2008

Palmer Cx That Wasn't

Instinct. Go with your instinct on everything. That's the relatively new mantra I've established for myself and it's working out quite well so far. Last night after a long drive back from NY from visiting family and gaining 5 pounds in less than 48 hours, I waffled on the idea on making the trek back out toward western Ma having the entire day sucked up completely for one cyclocross race smack in the middle of the day. I decided nope and stuck with it. God knows I needed to burn off some calories though. Geesh. Every year it's the same thing, Thanksgiving weekend away is completely centered around eating and I always come home feeling like

I did manage a long run today, some on line Xmas shopping sandwiched in between lots of laundry but here's where I've been hanging out most of the day. It's snowy,wet and raw outside which made me feel even better I didn't race today after all.

I did venture out to hang my wreaths the Boy Scouts dropped off. I know you all want my girly boots and my flannel lined J Crew chinos, right???????? Tis the season. Let the bargain hunting and tree trimming begin

10 comments:

Mer! said...

You look so cute and cozy!! Can you send me some of that Christmasy weather to San Diego...it's 70 and warm out here, hard to feel "fa la la la la" while shopping in shorts (not a complaint, but I do like my xmas season COLD) =0. Send me the chinos, scarf and North Face coat please.

And for the record I too feel like Violet =0

Pedergraham said...

Good for you for staying home, doing a run, and hanging by the wood stove. My brother called an hour ago on his way to the Manchester airport...afraid he might miss his flight because 93 was icy...just think of all that driving you might have had to do through the bad roads in Western Mass.

TriGirl Kate O said...

"You're turning violet, Violet!" That has to be one of my all time favorite movies!

Today's weather was much the same (cold, rainy) and not very conducive to hanging outside decorations. I did manage a swim which made me feel somewhat productive. Enjoy the fire!

Jennifer Harrison said...

isn't JCrew the BEST? I have those plaid fleece, lined pants too! HA....I have been on my couch w/ my computer all day...after masters this AM - I am still in shell shock from the transition from Tucson to Chicago - as we get nailed with snow.
PS Willy Wonka is Jerome's FAV movie! haha

PSS what is our new challenge for December?

Mel said...

In front of the fire place for me too...but I would rather have yours...REAL heat....I have the fake fire place set up...that burns non real logs and throws out some fake heat:) Your house looks so cozy..I need to come and visit sista!!!

Kurt P. said...

by long run you mean like 5 miles right...so we let that foot 100% heal...as it is Nov.

I too skipped Palmer:-)

AJ said...

Willy Wonka..all time FAVORITE movie!!! I referenced it about 20 times this weekend. And I freaking LOVE you house! Next time I'm out riding in your area I'm going to hunt it down and invite myself in. ;)

Eileen Swanson said...

Stay warm and cozy!! Love all the suits you designed, super cool!!

Mer! said...

PS: I wrote you back on my blog....laughing because I never know how to respond to people...do you respond in the "comment" area or do you write another post answering people's questions =0.....

Stay warm!

Marit C-L said...

I LOVE the fireplace - it looks so cozy! Oh - and JCrew is awesome. I could make my entire Christmas List off their catalogue. Speaking of which, you looked like you just stepped from its pages - great photo! I'll send some warm weather vibes your way... :)