Saturday, November 22, 2008

Benevolent And Protective Order of Elks Lodge #95

When I spoke to my dad this week he invited me to the annual turkey raffle at his local Elks lodge Saturday night. Stop laughing!!! How could I say no? Spending quality time with my dad has seemed somewhat minimal so taking advantage of the off season, I went to hang with my family for a little imbibing and turkey raffle excitement on a Saturday night. Wooo Hooo. I felt REALLY YOUNG among the attending. Loved that!

Turkey Raffle tickets and my red wine in a lovely plastic cup



Check it out! I scored some schwag but no turkey.

My sister on the other hand, won 2 turkeys. Dad (in the background) is happy Daughter #1 and Daughter #2 as he affectionately calls us, took home the goods.



Hangin' with my nephew is always a treat too. Here's to a season of gratefulness and an appreciation of family and how important they are. With the passing of Margaret still very fresh in my mind and heart, it's all too important for me to take a step back and remind myself to not take life and it's very simple pleasures and joys for granted. Happy safe travels and I hope you all have a great holiday with your families too.

8 comments:

kerrie said...

look at you guys cleaning up at the elks lodge! be careful or they may not invite you back!!!!

BreeWee said...

That is AWESOME! You made his day!!! And scored stuff- nothing better!

wiley said...

Bet he was proud showing off his lucky ladies! Cute pics Elaine!!! All those veggies and fruits clearly agree with you-you look great!

Cathy said...

I can SO TOTALLY relate. My parents are Legion members, and I am the youngest one in the place sometimes. I don't think I've ever won a turkey though :(.

Happy Thanksgiving! See you soon.

Scott Sweeney said...

My dad has been an Elk for 30 some years in Springfield. I love going to visit and see him "in his element".

Good on you for drinking your plastic cup wine and enjoying the time!!

Mer! said...

Hi Elaine!! Thank you so much for writing on my blog---super sweet and so, thank you so much for going out of your way!! If you don't mind, I loved this post of you with your dad and your sister, SO CUTE! My parents fly in today for Thanksgiving and sometimes, nothing is better than family!!!

Have a super awesome turkey day and i'm going to add you to my blog roll!! =0

Mer! said...

Woops, I just read what I wrote....I had started to write "I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog roll" and then in "Mer-speak" I deleted part of it and then my post got all confusing =0 hehe.....

Anyhoo =0, happy turkey day and I look forward to reading more of your adventures!!

Mel said...

Proud Dad..both daughters are WINNERS:) I swear you and I could be sisters :) Happy T day e!!