Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wandering Eye


I have it.


I keep looking at the remainder of the season in terms of IM racing. Since CdA was a bust, I find myself searching around to see what I can come up with.( R U cringing Coachy?) As a age grouper, NA Sports doesn't give us too many options, in fact zero. Usually at this point in the season, I'm locked and loaded in terms of how my race schedule will unfold. This year it's quite different.

If I sill wanted to do a ironman distance race, my choices are:

Plymouth MA.Full Distance Triathlon, held at the end of August
or
Silverman in NV in November.

I'm not so sure either one of these would be right for me, but I'm going to research them a bit if only to quell my curiosity. The better of me thinks I should figure out next season right away, so I can too, rush the stage in order to gamble away another $475+ and pray I make it to the starting line next year!

This weekend is a busy one.
Saturday is Karen Smyer's Kids Triathlon held every year in Lincoln MA. I usually volunteer in some fashion and enjoy watching the kids.

Sunday is a Team Psycho key event in that as many as possible of us will be pouncing
on a particular race that was picked pre season. The Cohasset Tri at Sandy Beach.
This one is down on the south shore of MA. in a town near the ocean. It's a sprint distance tri in which my body is foreign to, not to mention bucket-puking-painful for that matter. We will have a big contingency there including Jarrod Shoemaker, who we sponsor, building up for the Olympics.
Here's the line up for the Elite division. We as a team, are also supplying the prize purse to the top 3 finishers, both male and female in the Elite category in which I'm happy not to be included in. Yikes. Karen and Dede and Alica will be like rabid dogs.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, did you say IRONMAN? Now I know why you sent me those little treats today ... pure bribery I tell ya! :) Jen H.

BreeWee said...

GO FOR IT! You totally have to do an IM this year if you are even thinking about it...
YAYOOOOOO!
sport is supposed to be fun and man IM's are fun...
okay, which one are you doing?? I am already cheering for you... infact I will personally send you a "you can do it care package" I am so excited for you!

Pedergraham said...

You don't have the kind of wandering eye that I thought you were going to write about!!! The planning horizon for NAS events is tough--sign up a year in advance, hope you don't get injured or that your sister/best friend/college roommate doesn't choose to get married on the same day as your IM!
-Danielle
P.S. Good luck on Sunday!

GCDavid said...

I was just on part of the Plymouth course today (not training). It is pretty flattish, not much shade, seems to be good roads. I'll be heading back down there on Monday, and might drive the bike course. If you want me to recon it for you, let me know.

Dolphin Boy said...

Flippin' Bree...so funny...you should have heard her first words outta of her mouth after finishing her first half-ironman!!

I can't repeat it.

but you should go for it!!
goodtimes!

Mel said...

GO find ONE girlfriend....it sounds like the wounds are healing and you are ready to REALLY RACE :)

Kellye Mills said...

You'll figure it out! The fact that you're so fired up to do another shows just how much you love the sport!