Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ready, Set, Go!



I used to be so good about updating my blog but lately I'm hopelessly distracted and I'm betting other bloggers can attest to this as well. I remember BEFORE Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, I scoured my blog roll DAILY hoping for a new update on one of my homies and was vigilant about keeping my own the same way.   


 In any case, I've been busy. Who isn't, right??? 


 The b2b is rapidly closing in (2 weeks away) and I'm trying to get some mileage in while video blogging my way through the process via Ibex and Harpoon.
I drag around a Go-Pro video camera and try to capture training moments, minus anything
graphic as to not scare away future b2b'rs. It's been fun and Evan Kay @ Ibex is doing a great
job putting together a short video showcasing us (3 athletes) preparing for the ride.  We just send him our memory cards and voila! He does his video editing magic and comes up with a short little clip about what we are doing in hopes to not bore the audience to tears.  He's yet to include my pole dancing routine that I use as cross training for the b2b and there's only ONE MORE VIDEO to come out. Fingers crossed! 
  Brian and Patrick, the other two riders have never done the b2b and are puttin' in a lot more training hours than I and Patrick is a HAND CYCLIST. Frankly he is the Bomb and I wish him lots of luck in the hills of cow lovin' VT.  This is my 7th ride and I know how the day goes and what I need to do to prepare in order to get to the start line fresh and ready for a long day in the saddle.  It's not a race and my goal pretty much every year is to get to VT in one piece minus torn shorts, road rash, a broken derailleur and a sag wagon pick up.  Oh.. it happens and every year I'm thankful it is NOT ME and I didn't get taken down by a squirrely rider, a dropped water bottle that can launch you into the ditch or some mechanical calamity that can't be fixed road side.


On another note I have some EXCITING news for July. 


Ready?  


I'm going to FRANCE.  Yup. I'm going to the mountains ( Remember the theme this year) Hills Hills and OH JOY more HILLS!!! Think Alp d' huez  and I will be pedaling my bike up those mountains guided by my host Jimmy Riccitello.   MUCH more
later to come on that!  


Thanks for stopping by!!





1 comment:

Jennifer Harrison said...

HEY E! I did not realize you were going to France and with Jimmy!!! YOU will have an absolute blast - he comes to the JHC camps once in awhile and hammers us up MT LEMMON! Fun!