Friday, October 28, 2011

2 by 20


Wanna see what I've been doing to burn off my pre Halloween candy??  Here's classic threshold workout I've done once a week for a total of 4 weeks so far. It's a pretty standard workout for cyclocross. It simulates riding at threshold (hell) so when
race day comes, your mind and hopefully your body will snap to attention and say..
"Yeah, I can do this"
 *2x20 minutes*
The idea is to go as hard as you possibly can but not so hard that you are coming undone and unable to maintain the SAME effort/wattage
for the second 20 minute interval.
I am not kidding when I say I dread this 
trainer ride when it's on the docket. It floats over my head all
day like a green smoggy cloud of impending doom but when it's over it's very
self satisfying.
Kudos to  Cat 1 rider,Matt Hill who generously gives his time in updating a  blog daily with solid workouts, training advice along with guidance on nailing skills and technique all for FREE. Perhaps  next year I will
breakdown and pay him out of guilt not withholding my fantasy he could quite possibly make me a cyclocross Diva.
 He is very bright and knows his stuff for sure.

Ok, so not to bore you into a coma, Here is the first time I did the workout. I rode a tad 
conservatively so I wouldn't completely drive myself over a cliff and I didn't really know what I was capable of.
Oct 4th 2011


Oct 26, 2011
And here is this week's session. It was a dozy.  The more
you do this workout, the more you push harder because A: you
are fitter and B: you certainly don't want to backslide or go into reverse over that cliff.


Happy Halloween /Candy Consumption Weekend  Feel free to send all your Mounds candy bars because
sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: