Saturday, May 16, 2009

Weekend Fun


Yes sirree
After last weekend's spanking and being The Dropped One @ Team Psycho's *Let's Drive Each Other Into The Ground Weekend*, you can see my hesitancy to try and find some willing and able bodied to ride with this weekend after having my ego smashed like a panini sandwich but I found one nonetheless. You have to agree, having someone to ride with makes it way more fun than trying to keep yourself entertained on a mind numbing 3+ hour ride doing dumb things like seeing how long it takes for a Cliff Blok to dissolve in your mouth without chewing it and watching packs of riders wave from across the street to your lonely self, Right? So mid week, I sent my friend an email and generously offered myself as a sacrificial lamb to steam roll/panini mash me. Lucky for me or maybe not, she took me up on the offer.

Here I am today with my friend Karen Monks. We are smiling and I know you are just dying to know why so I will tell you in the order of importance: A. We are done with our 3.5 hour ride. B. The sun is shining. C. I didn't blow up like a soda can left in the freezer. :-)


Now Karen is a very strong rider. Just 3 weeks ago I could barely stay on her wheel and lets not even go into what usually happens to me on a hill trying to stay on her skinny little hiney.

Not today.

We worked together sharing the lead and nailed a nice solid effort with no post ride whining from TGP. Maybe it felt pretty tepid because I got so steamrolled last weekend that ANYTHING was gonna feel better after that.


I will leave you with the highlight of my day:

Here I am listening intently and given explicit instructions by Will (Monks) on givin' it some gas while using his sister's 4 wheeler she so generously offered up for me to ride. Notice the color, won't you.

Here are are, rippin' it up.


Forget those over priced Smart Cars, I'm gettin' one of these.

9 comments:

kerrie said...

lol...the last pic is the best! nice to see your riding improving so quickly! how is the running coming along?

Marit C-L said...

The 4-wheeler so totally made the ride worth it! GREAT work!!! :)

Pedergraham said...

Awesome! Although I am not sure which--the bike riding or the jeep riding...

Mel said...

HE Ha..see we are not too OLD to do stuff like that...love the photo's...come and be my nanny:)...glad to hear you training hard and things are starting to click for you:)

GoBigGreen said...

Great ride Elaine:) Keep at it, thinking good thoughts for the foot!

BreeWee said...

oh my gosh, I am about to wet my pants laughing! Too much fun, you need one of those, one of each that is, a little kid to make life that much fun and the 4 wheeler! GREAT times!

Jennifer Harrison said...

NICEEEEEEEEEE pics, E. Great to see you smile! :))

Jamie said...

haha. I love that last picture. HILarious.

Way cooler than your stealth P3. By Far.

Ali said...

Good to see you on a better bike! (And no I am NOT talking about the ugly black one...)