Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lowell Cross

I went. I got muddy. I didn't break anything.

Slip 'n Slide way-too-long mud pit.


What a clean up post race.

Here I am entering that muddy long section totally forgetting what Cathy taught me last Wednesday with the sand practice and tensing up midway thru and getting bogged down only to have to GET OFF and run my bike the rest of the way while seeming to lose another placing each time in this section. Duh.

Thanks Jamie for this pic proving I suck at riding mud. Honey, if you are reading this,does my butt look big in these shorts? Ha ha! So much for the no candy October and Veggie/fruitpaloosa November challenge... geesh.....
Happy to be done with no face plants in the mud that I witnessed with the CAT 4 men in the race prior to mine. Yikes..they were going down like bowling pins!

12 comments:

Jamie said...

It was good running into you yesterday! You looked pretty strong through that mud pit.

I grabbed a couple good pictures that I'll have to send. I do really like that pic after the race with the huge smile and mud all over your face though.

sarah said...

Wow! There is no end in sight to that stretch of mud! You did great surviving that with no faceplants!

Cathy said...

Awesome! I have some great pics of you as well, up in the chicanes. Need to download them all.

Remember - keep it loose, don't steer and POWER through the mud! I rode it after 4 races had been through!

Trigirlpink said...

Cath.. no doubt you did... U da bomb!

Jennifer Harrison said...

LOVE those pics - so hard core!! grrrr....glad you had fun. CXL is a toughie in mud and/or ice! Jen H.:)

kerrie said...

hmmmmm, you look far too clean!!!!
a clear sign you should have gone harder!!!

BreeWee said...

Holy cow that looks like so much fun, scary but fun! I so need to try that...

Nice going muddy buddy!

Anonymous said...

I love dirty bike pictures. The Cannondale looks awesome with mud splatters!

Great smile at the end!

GoBigGreen said...

Sweet pics! They just had state cross and I think it snowed! ( easier to ride on frozen mud, than the mud you rode on!)

Eileen Swanson said...

Super cool!! Looks like soooo much fun! I love getting muddy ;-) HA!

Dolphin Boy said...

ohhhh how much fun was that? See you guys can have fun in MA just as we have fun in Hawaii. But there is a price to pay living in the islands $$$$!!!!

Laundry? we don't do too much laundry around here. No need, just wear board shorts everyday. Some people I know do their laundry once per month then leave the clean clothes on the ground for days on end until stuff starts to grow on it....hmmmmmm (no names)

Rebecca DeWire said...

I am so impressed at your skills in the mud. Looks like a lot of fun. Not sure if I would like to clean all that mud off my bike, though. I hate any type of bike maintenance.